Sep 24, 2007

Like A Rolling Stone

Following a deeply frustrating week or so – involving me trying to secure a celebrity’s involvement in an appeal I am working on, and after many, many, many crawlings through hoops, unanswered phone calls and email and texts etc., finally getting through to this particular celebrity’s ‘people’ who turned out to be the rudest, most disorganised and pointless people I have ever spoken to – am trying to get back on the straight (allowing of course for toothpaste gifts to men) and narrow.

I took a lot of my frustration out on the one person who doesn’t need it aka mrs househusbandnot, for which I here deeply apologise. (And also a tub of ice-cream , which has been lurking at the back of our freezer since we started our diet.) I doubly apologise because I am not going to be around this coming weekend when mrs hhn has to give a reading at a wedding. (I am going up to Scotland for an aunt’s birthday, while mrs hhn heads off to somewhere in the home counties to give said reading.)

I take some anti-celebrity solace in the fact that just as I was forced to go to a musical in London this weekend, so too was Mick Jagger who was sitting a few rows in front of me. He looked deeply bored, and was no doubt only kept awake by the prospect of any of the songs having a Stones’ riff in them so he could claim royalties. (This was all after a pre-show pizza when we discussed quite how pointless he is, not knowing that he would be at the show. I read in the Sunday papers that he is releasing a dvd of his solo work. Staggeringly pointless.)

Anyway, back to basics: don’t work with celebrities; don’t try and work with their people because they are deep morons; have a Plan B (which I do kind of have, thanks again to mrs hhn); and know who your real friends are.

Speaking of basics, my colleague in the office has just put on some French pop music. My French is not that good, but I think the singer is singing about washing his pyjamas. As my colleague said, you get some French person saying “Oh, you really need to listen to this new band/singer. They are really innovative and really blow away Johnny Halliday” etc. etc, and it is just the same as any other French music for the last 200 years. Rubbish. I like Air, but is that really all they have come up with since chamber music?

In other news, has my niece to stay this weekend (hence musical goings to), which was a real treat. We spent an extremely enjoyable two hours back to her parent’s house yesterday, listening to each other’s ipods. Panic At The Disco rock (assuming they are not French).

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs HHN, how do you put up with his self pitying, self-righteous, self- self, self ness

Anonymous said...

hey, he's my husband and i love him!

Anonymous said...

Not for long, I'm gonna mud-wrestle him orf you

Anonymous said...

come on Mrs HHN, this is the bit where we slag each other orf. OK, I'll start, "you dont even like Prince"

Anonymous said...

so what if he has a small willy

Anonymous said...

Hmm, okay then. He likes my marshmallows more

Anonymous said...

.... and I'm more bored than you

Anonymous said...

Madame B shouldnt you start by shagging midget boy first, or maybe you have

Anonymous said...

I would feign mock outrage .... but yes, I already have. Its not true what they say is it. Size matters - pah

Anonymous said...

I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only
You can't take that away from me

I've been a player in the crowd scene
A flicker on the big screen
My soul embraces


sorry, got carried away there waiting a response. Crap song too. Whjy does your mind always go to crap songs?

Anonymous said...

Oi, HHN, you banging me missus, I'll have you sunshine

Anonymous said...

If I catch you sniffing round the venerable madam B you horrible little rodent, I'll twist yer eyeballs out and use your spleen for me sandwich filling - GOT IT

Anonymous said...

Sorry HHN, my mistake, Madam B has just told me more about you, now I know she can't be into you

Anonymous said...

Oh, look, the inmate has taken over the asylum.

Anonymous said...

i'm freaked out by this blog comment area