Aug 14, 2007

Legless

Shame none of you wanted to run with the TOFU agenda. I'd have thought a number of you were right in that population and would have stuff to say about it.

Anyway, speaking of TOFU, I pulled or strained or ripped some muscles in my thigh when we were in Portugal this weekend, so am sitting on the sofa back at home like a plum trying to summon up the strength to totter around the corner to my doctor for some advice and hopefully some v strong pain killers. This wound has given my another (like I needed any more) insight into what it is going to be like when we are old and take five minutes to get out of a chair and 10 minutes to get down the road. At the moment I have to lever myself onto the floor from sitting on the sofa or a chair or whatever, and then gradually push myself up onto my feet from the floor. All pretty comical if you are watching it I suspect. And pretty fuckin' humiliating if you are doing it, especially in front of our supper healthy/fit/agile hosts in Portugal.

But mrs househusbandnot and I sat next to a woman on the plane on the way home yesterday who said she was in the first stages of MS, so I guess I should not complain too much (although I am a terrible terrible patient/in pain person [I am not going to deny that mrs hhn has been extremely attentive since I first did myself in, but she did skip off to work pretty sharpish today, eager - no doubt - to get away from my plaintive demands and bear roars every time I get a twinge in my leg.].)

Can't think of any games about Madame B while she is away, which will no doubt annoy her when she gets back from her extremely long vacation. That weekend in Portugal was our summer vacation (for various reasons including my lack of planning or listening to mrs hhn trying to plan nice things), so am a bit jealous of a month away from London and work and buses and the underground and limited lunchtime sandwich choices and those guys trying to give you free papers etc. Assume Madame B is currently trying to concentrate on her second trashy novel of the holiday, but really wondering why her partner has been gone shopping for so long, and wishing she was on line to share her concerns about her partner and the bloke with the cheese stall at the market's underage daughter. Or not. I think she may have gone on holiday with her parents, mostly because she didn't give us any details of her holiday. Bit embarrassing still holidaying with your folks at 30 something.

Right, I am going to drag my weary ass off to the doctor to see what he/she can do to stop me walking like Styx after a heavy night at The Leather Anvil.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how bout some music reviews? top albums of the year? something useful?

Anonymous said...

or your favourite broccoli recipes in honour of madam b

Anonymous said...

i like a nice cheesy broccoli gratin myself

Anonymous said...

How about the site is dying without Madame B , which lets face it is a bloke, ex Mrs hhn boyfriend or somesuchbeast.
She isnt a mother,wife,girly.
he is obsessed though.
hhn what about your sis reaction to foot& mouth? she has piggies no?
Oh dear that awful Vinnie Jones creature is on the TV as I type, of course the football season has started, a great reason to reintroduce mass gassing of the proles.....discuss

Anonymous said...

hhn it would help if you actually wrote your blog sometimes?