May 16, 2007

Yeah Yeah (Yeahs)

Yep, I 100% take Madame B's point about the self validation that I have been getting away with being normal in a real office this week. (I am happy to report that the guy I share an office with in this real office growled at his computer when it did something wrong today - and he is Head of IT. The Head of another department had to take a day off the other day to go queue for his PS3. I am liking it there, and feel this senior management team is one I could fit in with/to.)

While much of it all is arse-numbingly familiar and usual office stuff - we need more money, no-one realises how much extra work we have had to take on since the restructure, the boss wants this and I've done that, can someone help the water guy please, I wrote this last month and no-one has given me any feedback, the website sucks, I love the website etc. - I really really like this office I am working at. It is peopled with the usual freaks and fools, but they do genuinely seem to want to let projects talk and work, and have been really helpful and friendly since I arrived Monday. (I know it is early days, but I am - despite appearances - an optimist, and a believer in the fact that it is only other people and the systems they mould around themselves and their fears that create fucked up offices.)

I am having withdrawal symptoms about not having time to post hhn as often as usual (as I hope you are), but am making up for it by setting up a soap box in lunchtimes and shouting out my random theories and opinions in the park next to our office in between mouthfuls of terrible Pret A Manger sushi and milky crappy coffee that is trying to pretend it does have some coffee in it.

The commute is fairly painless, and even the door code to the office front door is only one digit different from my phone number, so things are looking good.....watch this space though. I am an optimist, but I am also not a complete novice...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you would be more suited to being a novice. Clearly, you have been lulled into a false sense of security at your new office. I bet they are wiring your chair up as we speak ....

Anonymous said...

Why are you eating Pret a Manger sushi for lunch? What have you got against sandwiches? I think we should be told.

Anonymous said...

Indeed Anon, but maybe he thinks it is a sandwich?

Anonymous said...

an outrageous slur surely. Well, maybe not