May 14, 2007

Or Not

Was packed off this morning by mrs househusbandnot to this new gig I am doing three days a week for a small health promotion organisation. (Not gonna say who they are, because that is how you get fired. And I don't want to get fired from a nice job with some interesting agendas and expectations in the coming months.)

Ended up spending most of the day with the Chief Executive and the website dude in that order. So now have the eye of suspicion on me from the rest of the staff because I spent most of the day with the Chief Executive = possible threat, and with website dude = possible geek. Actually other staff were pretty friendly and pretended to be interested in my dumb ass questions about how the phones work and where to find post it notes, what the sandwich place on the corner was like etc.

Actually, I'd like to write the whole experience up as an MA or something in communications, taking a smallish, interesting organisation and seeing how to improve their profile/funding etc. Will come back to that some time in the near future - or not.

In other writing news, have decided (magnanimously) that mrs hhn should write a book about her chosen profession, and have (equally magnanimously) offered my services to write said book for her. (Don't worry The Waunch. We will call on you as a proof reader you big spelling of fish names pedant you.)

So it is going to be a writing summer, which - I hope - will not impact too much on the regularity of hhn posts, although I am thinking I may have to cut down from the daily posts to something a little less regular. As Howard Devoto said it only looks as though it hurts, but it does take up quite a bit of my time tapping out these random thoughts on hhn posts, so will have a think about it. (Hmm. Writing about thinking about writing a blog. A new blog self-validation first for this particular blogger.)

Anyway, not much else to report other than the fact that I managed to act like a fairly normal human being for a whole day in an office today, and will be returning to try and do the same tomorrow. Wearing shoes for the whole day was a bind, but needs must.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you are going to be cutting down on posts!!! how many have you done in the last three weeks. Tsk, tsk. Such commitment has not been seen since ...... oh I don't know

Anonymous said...

Dude, you use a lot of brackets. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

"I managed to act like a fairly normal human being for a whole day in an office today"

says who ????