Jan 31, 2007

Sex Tests

"Did he want to have sex with you?" This from mrs househusbandnot in response to my telling her that there had been a man with an erection in the showers at the swimming pool yesterday.

Now, I have a lot of bad character traits. But it was not until I met mrs hhn that I realised quite how unhelpful my inability to lie can be. What I should have said was "No. He didn't. He was after some other bloke". What I did say, having considered the question, was "I don't know." Because I didn't. Other than Erecto Man (EM) , there were three of us in the shower, so there was - theoretically anyway- a 33% chance that EM may have wanted to have sex with me. (Yeah, yeah. I know. But bear with me here.)

"So, did you want to have sex with him?"

I could have got away with it if I hadn't paused. But I did. Because I do think that if mrs hhn asks me a question, I should give her a straight (boom boom) response. I paused because I was considering the question. And then, having taken my time, I put on my extra strength idiot cap, and said: "No. He had a small penis."

The devil will always be in the detail. Now, because I didn't leave a few seconds pause between 'No' and 'He'. Now, because I didn't insert a 'By the way' or 'Did I say' in the same place, mrs hhn thinks I am considering having sex with men I meet at the swimming pool. I'm not mentioning anyone with erections again.

It is weird though. Maybe I'm a little uptight. Maybe I need therapy. (Does this make me a homophobe?) But I don't particularly want to have some dude getting off in the shower next to me at the pool. Sorry, but it just ain't my thing. What about if it was a woman? No, I think I'd feel the same. It's just all a little too public, and pubic. I also deeply regret telling mrs hhn about it. She gave me a different look this morning when I said I was going to go for a swim on the way home tonight. What was once an innocent pastime, is now a test.

And now someone - and its a good theory btw - is suggesting that Madame B [who haunts these pages with her comments about broccoli etc.] - is actually mrs hhn in disguise, testing my fidelity. Sex tests - in all their shapes and forms - appear to be everywhere at the moment. And all I was doing was swimming and blogging.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clear something up, hhn. Are you acquainted with the Broccoli bore? The previous comment - yes it's written anonymously but it otherwise purports to be from her - would suggest she does. How else would she know about your, y'know, goatee?

Anonymous said...

Blokewhoprefrestinywinkiesandisacompletetwatofabore - let me just tell you that hhn sent me a photo of him and his good lady before i submitted my post a while back

Anonymous said...

I've been trying, without success, to get HHN to read "The Swimming Pool Library". Instead, he's started to write it himself!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, broccoli bore - even you can do better than that ( surely? ).

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a limit to how long one's moniker can be...

Anonymous said...

blokewho ...... Yawn, you wouldn't know how to please a woman anyway, you are best left for ignoring, or festering in the 'shagonlywhendesperate' file

hhn said...

No, I don't know her, but she obviously kept the photo of me and mrs hhn - for which incidentally she didn't have decency to send a photo of her back.
Speaking of appearances B Lady, blokewhowillbeembarassedwhenIsaythis was very much the heart throb at university where I met him. Girls I knew would say "What, you know (*&^%? Wow" and look off into the middle distance. So don't judge a bloke's looks by his comments.
And thanks - as always - to Styx (who shared a house with blokewhomadegirlsswoon at university by the way [in an entirely hetrosexual manner]) for lightening the mood with his comments today.

Anonymous said...

I hate it when M. Broccoli's right. 'You are best left for ignoring' is perfect. Grammatically awful/Scandinavian, yes - but nonetheless on the nose.