Dec 15, 2006

My Sisters' Animals

A bit too busy at the moment, with website, and Xmas stuff, and also preparing for a job interview next week (well it is a contract for three months, but still counts as a job interview I guess).

Am tempted to tell you about my Xmas shopping yesterday, but it was not interesting other than buying my Danish brother in law a Swervedriver compilation, which I hope he enjoys as he drives to work in the snow where he lives with my sister in Northern Denmark. He was once almost killed by two stags that ran into his car. It's kinda wild up there. As neighbours, my sister and her husband and kids have a slaughter house for pigs on one side, and a mink farm on the other. I don't think they have a village idiot where they live, but it's the kind of place that would/should have one. At the local kindergarten, they strap the infants into their prams and leave them outside in the snow if they misbehave. The next door village is called Dark. Randomly, my sister has become an active trade unionist out there. They recently bought a dog that turned out to be half wolf.

Actually - on the shopping - mrs househusbandnot was not very impressed with what I bought everyone, most of which was CDs. She asked me if I was trying to depress my 11 year old godson with Neil Young and Jeff Buckley, and wouldn't let me send my other (also 11) godson the best of Ian Dury And The Blockheads. (Xmas spoilsportis.) Will try and make her listen to Swervedriver comp as punishment.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned Xmas shopping completed, so just need to get through job interview next week, and off to (another) sister's place in Kent for a few days before Xmas. Enjoyers of animal stories that you all are, you will be interested to hear that my (Kent) sister is spending this morning trying to persuade her magnificent two Black Spot pigs to move from one enclosure down the field to another one. She thinks she has it sussed with a trail of butterscotch Angel Delight. Being about the size of small bungalows, I hope the pigs don't go off trail on their transfer. I'm with her on the Angel Delight. Pig heaven, no?

And my (third) sister sent an Xmas request yesterday for a book called How To Tell If Your Cat Is Gay.

Off to have pre-Xmas lunch with Styx today, which should be fun. Not sure where we are going, but hoping there are not too many Xmas office parties going on where we end up. I do find people in those paper hats deeply deeply depressing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised Mrs hhn is cross with you. You did not buy a single stalk of broccoli. What is the world coming to? Am I wasting my energy in trying to convert you? You fool. Go sit on the naughty step for 20 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Will you make up for this by buying mrs hhn some borccoli. Failure to do so will involve me embarking upon a lesbian adventure with your wife!