Dec 19, 2006

Lady Cheeky Of Romania?

Sorry about the no show yesterday. Was getting ready for that interview this morning. Which was okay, I think. There is a limit to how much detail I want to give about it, but suffice to say that it was pretty obvious that the two people who were interviewing me 1) had two very very different takes on the same project, and 2) probably don't share too many Xmas presents with each other. It is very odd being interviewed for a communications job by two people who pathologically can't communicate with each other.

It is between me and one other person now, so we shall see. I think I did okay, and didn't dissolve into a sweat ball or talk too much rubbish. Like I said, we'll see what they decide. mrs househusbandnot did a valiant job last night being nice to me...Hang on. That was what was supposed to have happened. Actually, she spent early evening telling me off, mid evening telling me off some more, and end of evening stopping me from eating chocolate. Love is tough love too I guess.

Anyway, had a good lunch with Styx on Friday, where we sorted out women's body dis morphia, drink driving (Styx: "I'm just going to stop driving"), the state of English cricket (which took approx four seconds), relationships with the in laws over Xmas, calvados versus brandy, and Styx's future career. A good introduction to the Xmas holidays. Kind of an Xmas office party for me and Styx I guess, except without those miserable paper hats or anyone we didn't want to talk to. (Actually, there were a bunch of Styx's ex colleagues in the same restaurant who seemed very keen for Styx to join them for a drink. But he managed to avoid them, although they did end up in the same pub as us after lunch, so Styx made me find him a way out of the pub through the summer beer garden so he could avoid them. It was like being his minder.)

In other news, was extremely entertained to read alleged reports that Liberal Democrat MP Lembit Opik is dating one of the Cheeky Girls. You couldn't make it up could you? I predict career movements in opposite directions. (That other political femme fatale Bienvenida Whateversheiscallednow married my sister's godfather when he was a politician. Lembit, sort yourself out mate. And if it is love, then make it so - tough or otherwise.)

[What a completely random blog today. Must be a hangover from the interview.]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck in the job - what was it for and who? did they mention broccoli?

Anonymous said...

what was the most awkward - non-broccoli - question asked?

Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding Londoncentric does a lunch out not merit a brief mention of the restaurant and the meal eaten there? Or perhaps hhn is simply trying to repel further tiresome coments about vegetables.

Anonymous said...

Oooh get you - knob wipe. I'll set me hubby on you if you don't apologise.

Anonymous said...

if you would like me to introduce you to a cheeky girl - it'll cost twenty quid - no questions okay.

Anonymous said...

finally, I could find your post once again. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. Now, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)