Nov 29, 2006

Animals x10

As you can see from the various comments to househusbandnot over the last couple of days, my attempts at discussing communications and blogs and stuff are not as popular as my thoughts on animals. So, user driven content-friendly that I am:

My current favourite animals are:

1) wolves: because they hang out and have such as sense of wolf-ness that they never kill each other, and because the reason they howl is that they are so smart they get all their other chores done during the day and have nothing else to do in the evenings
2) badgers (honeyed and otherwise): because they combine looking extremely cute with being the meanest motherfuckers on this planet
3) polar bears: because they are so big and unpredictable, and they can swim and run and stuff
4) elephants: this comes straight from my dad who used to draw cartoons of elephants at the bottom of letters he wrote to me when I was cold and lonely and English in a very cold and lonely Scottish boarding school
5) pigs: because I was down at my sister's place in Kent recently and she has two magnificent pigs who like having their backs scratched with a rake

My least favourite animals are:

1) horses: too big, too many weapons, too skittish, and I've been bitten by them twice
2) snakes: over and above the very nastiness of the snake concept (teeth, poison, hanging out in your bed to bite you, squeezing you to death etc.) this came from my dad too and some bullshit story he had about having had a cobra wrapped around his feet when he was doing his national service in Malaysia
3) tortoises: because they look like snakes
4) pigeons: because you can't go anywhere in London without tripping over one, and they usually have some manked up leg and hobble around like drunk winged rats - usually in your direction
5) guinea pigs: because they are entirely pointless other than as snake food, which lets more snakes survive

I am sorry that I have not had time to find photos of all the above, or indeed any photos of the world's fattest cat or a dog on a skateboard or any other user driven (demanded) content today. But will work on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

broccoli is not just a vegetable you know. You can befriend them, take them out, console them, go to gigs with them too (handy hint: they are great listeners too)

And best of all - they are not aniimals

Anonymous said...

Heppy 100th Birthday hhn, well done. (aside) Why don't we nip down to the cellar after this and choose a decent '92 port and I'll find you a fat stogie - I love the smell you know