Nov 30, 2006

Centenary Learning

So thanks for all the congratulations on the 100th househusbandnot post earlier in the week. Over the last however many weeks/months of clocking up these 100 posts, I have learned:

1) That I can't spell
2) That people tend to read blogs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - no surprise there I guess
3) That househusbandnot readers are much more interested in my thoughts on animals than on modern communications
4) That I would like more guest blogs (still waiting for a contribution from blokeihaventseeninages...)
5) That I am now quite capable of holding a face to face conversation with a friend, and saying "as I was saying in my blog the other day" approx 15 times every hour
6) That - equally tosser-like - I have also come to believe that it is socially acceptable to say "Ahh. You don't read my blog do you?" when someone mentions something I happen to have talked about on househusbandnot
7) That admitting that you have a blog instills (and in this order) i) mild amusement that you are so sad ii) (much) milder curiosity about the content of your blog, and iii) (pretty determined) disinterest
8) That however self-validating househusbandnot is ever going to be, it is never ever going to be quite as self-serving as this website: http://www.lightshifter.com/
9) That I have earned 52 dollars in advertising from househusbandnot
10) That knowing your mother in law occasionally reads you blog is not such a bad thing as I originally thought
11) That mrs househusbandnot sometimes actually gets through a whole day without reading househusbandnot - shocking I know, but true
12) That I still hate semi-colons, and (still) love brackets
13) That you get search results for 'househusbandnot' on Google now
14) That I should not post anonymous comments to my own blog, and should probably not admit that I do to anyone other than a decent therapist/time manager
15) And that blogging won't topple governments, or change the way we communicate. It may create monsters, but only tiny little blunt-toothed ones who can't see in the daylight

As a celebration of 100 househusbandnots, I am going to take a few days off. Will be back some time early next week.
Peace hhn x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

16) ...That I don't know the difference between 'disinterest' and 'uninterest'.

Anonymous said...

Doc Broc here, that $52 needs sharing ...

hhn said...

By my calculations, I owe you $2. Send your address, and I'll put it in the post NOT x

Anonymous said...

Make it a $20 and we'll call it quits - send it to any veggie patch and tell them to ask for me - they'll know

hhn said...

Oh, but I forgot my agent/publicist fee, which is 100 squid. Seems you owe me money. Bummer, huh?

Anonymous said...

dont you go on about your 100 best animal friends again - it is incorrigible

Anonymous said...

So have you gone on a 2nd honeymoon? Mrs HHn must pay well.
Is that really where you went on honeymoon? I always thought Mrs Hhn would pefersomethig more intellectual than white beach and flake out style holiday.
Just guessing of course, based on her loving animals from cold places etc.
What you going to do for a job now? any good news ?
I have just ordered Xmas on the internet. Very rewarding, even the Turkey, veg, prezzies, the whole lot.
Probably end up with all my credit cards cloned and a 1996 Skoda delivered in Folkestone.