Apr 3, 2008

Waunchery



Strike a light. hhn just got clever (And there was me going to get back on track with thoughts on last week’s demonization of sausages as a health risk, some predictable gags about judges wearing women’s underwear, and a few other cheap gags about jurors and me being a juror etc.)

A few qualifiers to the hhn interregnum – or should I say justitium or tumultus* - while I was/am out doing jury service, and The Waunch was/is at the helm (Fyi, I am technically still on jury service until next Tuesday but happen to have a day off today, so you can all look forward to some more The Waunch musings should he feel so inclined.)

1) I believed the April Foolery about Carla Bruni becoming a style advisor to GB
2) Her husband should have surgery to make him a bit taller
3) Remind me where you went to University Waunch?
4) I absolutely don’t believe mrs househusbandnot’s story about her April Foolery when she was at university. This is a woman, dear readers, who has such a ferocious belief in right and wrong that she would probably engage in citizen’s arrests if she was not such a nice woman. (Although, I am glad to report that she did engage in some excellent criminal activity a month or so ago. She can provide details, when she is not busy engaging in conversation with Madame B that makes even Madame B look vaguely savoury.)
5) The Waunch seeing himself as `a kind of wise but kindly trendy uncle-type’? A comb over does not make you avuncular dude. It is pity, not respect, in their youthful eyes The Waunch. I should know. I see it most days myself when required to engage with anyone under the age of 35.
6) And further The Waunch thoughts: `if I wanted to write a blog, I could have started my own long before now. The fact that I haven’t is due to a natural timidity, or modesty, which people who normally only see me when I’m in a socially enthusiastic mood – which, to be fair, is most evenings – might find difficult to believe.’ Calling Nick Bartle. Comments please.
7) Will Anonymous who wrote about Tumbleweed Central Population The Waunch please contact me for this month’s - no year’s - prize for funniest thing on hhn.
8) My favourite story about The Waunch’s time in Hong Kong is the story Mrs The Waunch tells of the regular knocks on her front door early in the morning from the local shop keepers complaining “He no good. He bad for business”, their problem being that The Waunch had yet again almost made it all the way home, but had once again failed on the last leg and fallen asleep in a shop front near his apartment.

And just in case you are feeling I am on a The Waunch bash, don’t. He is a good man, and rose admirably to the hhn challenge.

*Fuck you Will Self

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually hhn I was involved in this criminal activity (well, I watched and suggested the location for the traffic lights to cause optimum traffic chaos).

Anonymous said...

Madam B here, not you again hhn, just when the blog was getting interesting (only joking!).

Anyway, I think you should both share the load and do regular days each - it could be like a his and her spats site. He said No, he said no, he said whatever etc

It may be fun

Anonymous said...

And you do both have the same (dumb) first name too, so you could sign off as each other?

Anonymous said...

Madam B here, excellent, it could be anonymous and we would guess which (eejit) of the two of you it was

Anonymous said...

Blimey, I hadn't realised that hhn's caesura was so short, and my stint of filling in the lacuna during his jury-related quiescence* would end so abruptly.
It isn't up to me whether I contribute any further entries, but thanks for the words of encouragement, everyone. And hhn? I've no idea what that barrage of weird criticism was all about, but while I have your password, I'd be very, very careful, dude.
And Mrs hhn - what was the lawbreaking you were recently involved in? The world wants to know.

*Fuck Will Self too

hhn said...

Waunchlette
I was trying to funny rather than caustic.
hhn x

Anonymous said...

Madam B here, yes hhn, we often witness this in your pieces

Anonymous said...

socially enthusiastic..

thats my ving!

Anonymous said...

Madam B here, hi y'all my fellow tumbleweeders, over here stateside looking for new and interesting posts, but alas, was disappointed to see nothing new. C'mon Waunch, pull yer finger out yer butt and get typing, y'all hear me now!

Aren't yankee men a disappointment!