Dec 19, 2007

Tis Christmas...

...and Madame B is complaining that she is the only one working. Nonsense. The Waunch is busy trying on different bandannas and leather waistcoats in anticipation of heading off to see Bruce Springsteen this evening. Styx and I are busy trying to work out where to go for lunch on Friday. *&^ is...well whatever. mrs househusbandnot is clearing the decks for drinks with her team somewhere in The City. blokewho is still trying to figure out how to comment on hhn since Google changed the rules AGAIN. (Guys, there is progress and refinement, and also TO MANY changes to process.) And Anonymous is into his fifteenth hour of wearing his new scarlet gimp mask in training for a full 24 hours lying in the urinals of Liverpool Street Station on New Year's Eve. Busy? We are off our feet.


In other news, everyone - except for us - getting animated about me and mrs hhn heading off to Kenya on 30th a few days after elections there. Seems there is often civil unrest of some sort around elections, often after it. We have discussed this in a rational manner, and decided to go ahead with the trip. We have also agreed to spend a mammoth seven days on the trot with my family and then mrs hhn's family over the Xmas period, so will be prepared for any sort of hostage experience in Kenya after that. (I suspect the food would be better too.)



Actually have mother in law descending on London this Friday. She wants to take her daughter to Covent Garden. Again, good training for any kidnap deals in Kenya. It will be hell on earth out there. But my mother in law is not one to be swayed by opinion - indeed resistance only makes her stronger. (And she is a bit too arch for any double-bluffing, especially when she has a retail target in her sights.)



I was going to do a big hhn Xmas quiz with a prize of those spare Kimono My House tickets. But not sure I will have time. Will try before Xmas. But if it doesn't happen, take consolation that I am probably out buying mrs hhn her xmas presents, of which more about in the New Year. I told real house husband what I was buying her the other day, and he laughed for approx 20 minutes.



Peace (in our times) hh(ho ho ho)n x



PS Was discussing with The Waunch the fact that the spellcheck on my phone accepts both Burlington and mdma. Who decided these things? Freddie Windsor?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected and wish all other hard working souls a wonderful Xmas. Amen, with a bit of dick hopefully ..... okay, okay, but c'mon, a girl can hope can't she.

Anonymous said...

still working .....

Anonymous said...

Well done with the timing of your Kenya visit, hhn. Hope all is well...

Anonymous said...

Hey hhn and mrs hhn, hope you're having a swollen time over there - and that you've got yer machete at hand

Anonymous said...

are you still alive? if not, where should I send flowers

Anonymous said...

Madam B: "you've got yer machete at hand." You meant chopper, didn't you? Jesus wept...

Anonymous said...

dear anon,

that is a blatant slur on my good name, mind you, now you mention it, i guess pervs like you like to make any inuendo they can - huh. Guesss we're a good match, whadyathink? Ok, send me a photo of yours and I'll promise not to laugh.

Anonymous said...

Your good name? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, Finbarr Saunders.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anon,

I can't believe you know Finbarr - what a little winky he has ...

Anonymous said...

is 'guilty feet have got no rhythym' a better lyric than
'who put the bop in the bop showaddywaddy?'

I can't decide

Anonymous said...

'Guilty feet have got no rhythym' is a truly appalling lyric, if that's any help. Almost as bad as Billy Joel's 'making love to his tonic and gin'.

Anonymous said...

thanks, I think you're right. Billy Joel, pah, I'm good at his initials but that's it. Crap singer writer weedy pune.

where is hhn, has he been boiled yet do you know?

Anonymous said...

I had a text from hhn a couple of days after he arrived in Kenya; he sounded remarkably unconcerned, saying he was outside the city. Someone else may have heard from him more recently...