Sep 11, 2007

X Marks The Spot

Someone asked me what Xbox games I am playing. That would be mostly Tetrus and er Tetrus, since this is just about the only game mrs househusbandnot will tolerate, and beats me at regularly.

I have also been playing a game called Lost Continent which is about some kid looking for his father on some frozen desert which is populated by giant insects and dandelions that shoot flaming rockets at you. You get machines and tanks to romp around in while you are trying to kill of this nasty forna and flora. And every so often some massive tank tries - and invariably succeeds - to run you over. All pretty uncomplicated stuff story-wise, although my old fingers and addled brain are finding it hard to get our young hero through the game. I am currently stuck on a ledge in a factory with one massive drilling tank to kill, with a few rounds of ammo and not enough rockets. You know the gaming deal.

We also have a pretty entertaining table tennis game. (There is a really huffy French player you can be, who has a real attitude when he is drummed by the cunning East Asian master.) And I bought a world war two game, but you have to be in the Russian Army, which really sucks since gaming is not - or should not be anyway - about being cannon fodder. And I keep setting off smoke grenades so none of my comrades can see what the fuckski is going on, and get shot by the Germans who seem to be able to see through the smoke. (Cunning those Nazis.)

And I got Bioshock which is one pretty fucked up game, all about changing your DNA as you sneak around this art deco warehouse being attacked by manic prostitutes with cat masks on. Great graphics and all that, but I do wonder exactly how much MDMA the designers needed to scoff to come up with some of it.

And some more Tetrus.

I am officially a teenager, in mind if not body.

Speaking of which, my pool is closed at the moment, so I am being forced to use the gym. Man, is it gay out there. Last night I was squeezed in between a couple of gym bunnies who were making my efforts look pathetic as they further toned and pumped their already pretty toned and pumped bodies as they talked away about night clubs. (Not being able to do much more than grunt when I am working out in the gym, it was the talking that most impressed me.)

So that's what I've been up to while you six have been waiting around to hear what I have been doing. Sorry it is no less cliched than sad man with Xbox and fat man with weights. But getting there (although mrs hhn and I have been suffering from end of summer blues these last few days. Strange because I hate the summer so much).

Incidentally, I did not understand any of what you were saying in your comments, although they cheered me up realising that I have a life and a new best friend called Xbox.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tetris.
Fauna.
I don't know, I take a couple of days off, and look what happens. For Christmas, hhn, I'm going to buy you DeathSpell for Xbox; a game where you have to spell common words and use semicolons while you sneak around an art deco warehouse being attacked by manic prostitutes with cat masks on.
Actually, that sounds like a great game.

Anonymous said...

what is Xbox, (its not another word for fanny is it?) or is it one of your man game things - you boys and your toys are really consistent in your time wasting abilities