Jun 22, 2007

Free Launches

Topping and tailing the week with posts. Sorry that the daily posts regime has gone quite so far out of the window, but have been rather busy with various attempts at getting work, doing work, working, being at work, going to work, boring mrs househusbandnot about work, dreaming about work, working out (well swimming), working out how to work, and other work-related stuff.

Am launching a web-based campaign (at work) next week, which is proving interesting, not least of all because I have a budget of approx four pence to run the campaign. So am off to take photos of the Anthony Gormley statues wearing a campaign tshirt early Sunday morning. Any other £ lite suggestions for publicity welcome. To date have failed to secure interest of celebrities (A-E list anyway) about the campaign, and have not yet written the campaign site which needs to be launched next week. But will get there, with or without the Cheeky Girls. Who said there was no such thing as a free launch? (To those of you who know about this campaign, please don't share it with other hhn readers. The campaign website has an open discussion area, much to the consternation of my (work) colleagues who were telling me about some woman who has had an injunction taken out on her because she called The Samaritans something like 170,000 times last year - and I don't want Madame B getting any similar stalky ideas.)

Actually, the campaign involves interviewing a bunch of people to include their case studies on the site. I may - or may not - have mentioned in the past an odd reaction that some people have to me which is the need for them to tell me everything about themselves. I sat for an hour yesterday morning listening to the most intimate of details about one interviewee's life. Unusable on the site, but fascinating none the less. I misses a trick somewhere along the line by not becoming an investigative journalist. ( "Well hhn, I've not told anyone else, but I was on the grassy knoll, and I wasn't alone...")

In other news, am on a diet, so have been spending long minutes day dreaming about cheese and onion crisps and chocolate biscuits and mini baby bells and pints of soothing lager. So far have managed to loose approx nil weight, probably because I ate a cheese and coleslaw sandwich yesterday when I thought no-one was looking. (My partner in diet is mrs househusbandnot, and here I confess to her about said sandwich. Sorry babe, but it just looked so good. Just could not face another round of tired sushi.)

Re tumble weeding, thanks for the interest, and am deeply trying to fit in hhn where I can. Will try harder next week.

Anyway, have The Waunch over for supper this evening so must get my ass out to the shops to purchase relevant supplies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheap campaigns - hmm. You could do a sponsored diet fatty lard arse. That way you'd be in a win win situation

Anonymous said...

do shops sell Waunch relevant supplies?

Anonymous said...

it's called vodka

Anonymous said...

Sushi? Sushi is repulsive. What have you got against sandwiches?

Anonymous said...

No ... please not this one again

Anonymous said...

a vodka sandwich with cold lager filler hhmm friday afternoon daydreams soon to become reality. bad