May 23, 2007

One Step Beyond

Stepping back - or beyond - the comments area on househusbandnot and Anonymous and Madame B getting it on, I have news from the real world. (btw I don't know Madame B, but I do know Anonymous. Dude, be mightly fuckin' fly. Mrs Anonymous will bust your commenting little ass from here to Nashville.)

Anyway, news: On the way home this evening, I was asked by a crazy old woman to help her off the bus with her - as I was about to find out - stupidly heavy bags. This request turned into a lugging of lead-filled bags into Waterloo station, which turned into a me helping her find a trolley and getting her onto a train scenario. ('One way ticket to NutsVille please') So, I took part in the real world, and helped a freak get her freaky cargo onto a train...(...)...see what I mean about the difficulties of writing hhn when I am back out there?

Having spent three days out there in real office world, I am going to celebrate by going out for a sybaritic lunch with Styx tomorrow. Conversation topics will (I hope) include:

  • Why work sucks
  • Should we ask them to chill the red?
  • hhn
  • My new job (for approx three seconds)
  • Hmmm, this wine has really opened up
  • The cricket
  • That couple over there
  • J Mascis (stoned groover or too grooved loner?)
  • Men versus women (an occasional but continual study)

and

  • Whether or not we should have pudding

Ahhhh. Back in the land of hhn. Waiter, waiter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jooly good hhn. Enjoy a tipple for all of us slaving away. 3 days of work and you expect a rest!!!!