Apr 25, 2007

My name is househusbandnot

I had an hour to kill yesterday, so sat by the river listening to some tunes. I offer the following househusbandnot tribute to Steve Earle:

My Name Is househusbandnot

My name is househusbannot
I'm forty one years old
I was born in Manchester England
Quarter English I'm told

Don't remember Manchester
Been so long since I left home
Seems like I've always been blogging
I've always been alone

Didn't mean to hurt nobody
Never thought I'd cross that line
I was sending hhn postings
Like I'd done a hundred times

The commenters were pretty silent
So I just wrote more and more
Guess I'll never know what made me
I just wasn't keeping score

The posts rang out like thunder
My ears rang like a bell
No one came running
So I taunted the commenters myself

Took their time to get here
And I guess I coulda run
I knew I should be feeling something
But I never shed tear one

Hell I didn't even make the papers
I only wrote the blog for me
But my trial was over quickly
And the commenters were still free

Commenter appointed pedant
Couldn't look me in the eye
He just stood up and closed his briefcase
When they sentenced me to die

Now my waiting is over
As the final hour drags by
I ain't about to tell you
That I don't deserve to die

But there's twenty-seven bloggers here
Mostly stoned or bored or poor
Most of 'em are guilty
But who are you to say for sure?

So when the preacher comes to get me
And they shave off all my hair
Could you take that long walk with me
Knowing hell is waiting there

Could you pull that switch yourself sir
With a sure and steady hand
Could you still tell yourself
That you're better than I am

My name is househusbanddnot
I'm forty one years old
I was born in Manchester England
Quarter blogger I'm told

(Other songs that I thought might benefit from an hhn edit were Teenage Wildlife, Fake Tales Of San Francisco, and Held Down by De La Soul, but Steve Earle always works for me. Now where's my coronation chicken shower gel?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is going to shave your head and why - (not completely off I hope). Seems a futile exercise to me. It will only grow back (your hair not your head though I can't be sure)

Anonymous said...

I guess no-one likes your singing .... ho hum ...

hhn said...

Not so fast Madame B. Quite some traffic today. I think it is interesting that you measure traffic by comments to rather than possible contemplation of hhn posts. Telling, huh?

(Incidentally, Styx is gay, so you are wasting your time there. Mrs Styx is a geezer.)