Apr 12, 2007

HHN 5,0000

Well it wasn't Madame B - which is pretty surprising since she does check this blog approx every four minutes (your employers must be proud of you Madame) - but at 5.32 pm yesterday we had our 5,000th visit to househusbandnot. This particular visitor looked at one page, and stayed there for 0.00 seconds. But hey, stats is stats.

I did promise an hhn prize to this person, but it was not one of the usual culprits - Madame B, anonymous aka The Waunch, blokewho, Y.O.U., Bad, Nick Bartle, Styx etc. - so I am not sure that I will be able to track them down. (Shame. I was looking forward to doing an hhn comp cd for them now that Apple have given us all free reign to bootleg.) Instead, he or she will have to bask in that 0.00 second of learning and entertainment he/she got from hhn. And the assurance that you leave me (hhn) a happier, more 5,000 Visits To My Blog kind of guy today. No longer a quiet voice in www ether, I now feel that I truly exist. So here's to mr/mrs/ms 5,000.

And here's also too:

  • All the usual culprits
  • mrs househusbandnot
  • Blogger for making blogging so easy
  • Google for trying to make it so hard
  • The Waunch and (*& for their proofing of hhn
  • Google ads which have made me approx and actually not one single physical pence or cent to date, despite promises and regular updates about how blogging makes you rich
  • That scary bloke with the patch
  • Everyone whose photos I have stolen for the blog
  • And all 10 of you who have diligently each visited hhn approx 500 times - may you all click on the adverts and continue to comment back on the blog

I will be getting hhn 5,000 t-shirts and mug trees made up over the weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

D'you know what? I'm genuinely disappointed that I didn't win. I had my prize all sorted out. Mme B was going to buy me an early evening negroni at E&O, after which we were both going to submit our appraisals of each other to hhn. A bit like Blind Date ( only I seem to remember Mme B has a partner ) only without the gratuitous bitching. Honest bitching - that's fine. I mean if Mme B genuinely thinks, as does Mrs hhn, that I'm 'a cunt' then she should put that in her submission. And if I think that, her awful broccoli comments aside, Mme B is a sweetheart then I'd be duty-bound to say so even at the risk of being ridiculed by her.
What d'you think hhn? Are you sure I didn't win?

Anonymous said...

If the 5,000th visitor only stayed for 0.00 of a second, then they must have been a web-crawler bot and not a human being. Therefore they don't really count. So I think the prize should go to me. Because I really like free stuff, because Madam B would really look up to me then, and because I'd look great in a hhn 5,000 T-shirt. I'm sure everyone else agrees, right?

hhn said...

Hmmm. Madame B once again crosses a line. Nice one babe.
STOP being vulgar. It is annoying and vaguely depressing.

Anonymous said...

oh hhn. Crack a smile for Pete's sake. I'm a bald bloke called Boris. Anyway answer the first point or were you avoiding that

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance that my opening comment could be erased, hhn?
There are times - when I'm feeling generous - that I think Mme B's probably alright really. Y'know, underneath it all. And then she goes leaving a really off-putting comment which, worse than anything, is absolutely void of humour. Perhaps she's had a long, tiresome week.

Anonymous said...

Bloke who: Nah, can't be erased. Your comments tucked away in my brasiere forever.

Anonymous said...

Hhn I am fairly sure it was me I am at Show jumping event in Birmingham so could not connect from usual point, (actually you didnt mention me in the list but you did in the xmas greetings) checked in via laptop over data card so probably showed up as random.
For my prize I want picture of Madame B