Mar 27, 2007

Learning Stuff

Sorry not to have been in touch over the last few days people. Not sure what really happened. But somewhere along the way hhn got forgotten - well not forgotten but certainly not written. Must be the change over to summer time here in the UK. I was used to lurking around in my dark cellar tapping away at hhn, and then someone threw the shutters open and I was exposed to light and life and anti self-absorptions like blogging.

Now we are officially in summer, I guess I should be full of the joys of it. But truth is I really hate the summer (as I probably mentioned last summer). I hate the heat and the light and the ugly people in shorts and the sweating (which is mostly by me once the temperature gets anywhere above zero).

Having said all that, the last few days have been quite a learning curve here at hhn HQ. I have learned many many things, including:

1) Sometimes not blogging is as therapeutic as blogging.
2) Lamb shanks rock (but only if you cook them yourself).
3) mrs househusbandnot does actually get a little itchy if I don't write hhn - which was interesting on many many (many) levels.
4) Telling your wife that you are really glad that they are your best friend translates into wife language as 'Don't you fancy me any more?'
5) You can buy a palace in Herne Bay for approx 78 pence.
6) Real househusband, who lives in Herne Bay and we were visiting this weekend, is a deeply cool and interesting individual. He has come across a very very big test in his life, and I asked if he could respond to it. He said "I hope so". You kind of had to be there, but I think he rocks.
7) Right up there with most annoying things in life - bottles that don't open, bad ploughman's lunches, paper cuts, stubbing your toe, pharmacists, Indian call centres, bottles rolling around on the bus, two pence pieces - is people who listen to their music so loud on their ipods that you get to hear it. mrs hhn had to stop me citizen arresting some complete ^%$£ on the train down to Herne Bay who had his Classical Music Morse Might Have Listened To compilation on full blast in our train compartment.
8) Whisky does strange things to some people.
9) Headhunters never do what they have told you they are/were going to do.
10) You should keep in touch with your friends. I called *&^ last night and he said he had pretty much given up on me.
11) Boxing is fun.
12) And I spend too much time dwelling on the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4) who can blame her?

did you get the job?