Mar 19, 2007

hhn The Movie

If and when househusbandnot gets snatched up by Hollywood (or Bollywood more like), I'd say the casting should be as follows (this is only going make about four people laugh who know the actual real people involved):

househusbandnot: a young William Hurt or an equal age Alexi Sayle
mrs househusbandnot: a young Sigourney Weaver
blokewho: Leslie Phillips
Styx: a really tall Frankie Detorri
Mrs Styx: Danni Minogue
The Waunch: an old (with a comb over) Colin Farrell, or maybe Axel Rose who - I assume - has had that hairstyle to hide his baldness
Mrs The Waunch: Julianne Moore
Madame B: that bird who played Bubble in Absolutely Fabulous, and her gardener partner could be played by that twat from the BT ads who is on stage with Billie Piper in London at the moment
Bad: Matt Lucas
My friend (*&: that bloke who plays the interior designer in Beatle Juice
Rem: a gay short Steven Seagal
Y.O.U?: any of the female cast of Skins
Eel Man: Lou Reed or maybe Piers Morgan (Had a quick cup of tea with Eel Man yesterday, and caught myself thinking the Eel Man/Piers Morgan thang. [Although Eel Man was - typically -being v funny about life, describing a recent University get together where he was stuck talking to some bloke he was in the same year as at university who was an accountant and had married the girl he was dating since before he went to university who was saying "Strange, I don't remember you at university". And Eel Man was thinking "Hmm. Might have been because I was wandering around the campus in a reflective white policeman's jacket with dyed blonde hair and a lime green mohair jumper. Wonder why you and I never crossed paths socially?"])

Interesting how few real actors came out of that one. (And I had me as the drummer from Zwan at one point.) But hope Styx and Waunch and (*& and mrs hhn had a laugh at this, since - I think - they are the only people who know all the real people cast above...

...which is where it shall remain. Sorry I can't make this blog more inclusive and popularist.

Hope I don't dream about hhn lists AGAIN tonight.

William Hurt xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure it matters whether your readers have met all of hhn's characters - a friend of mine was pretty confident she could do a better job casting the major players:
hhn - hatty jacques
mrs hhn - frankie howerd
styx - charles hawtrey
mrs styx - barbara windsor
blokewho - david niven
mrs b - a cabbage.

Anonymous said...

Outrageous - I would be Babs surely.

hhn said...

Randomly, mrs hhn used to live in Hatty Jacques' old flat. (No need for any of the Skatty jokes thanks.)
Frankie Howerd? And just when mrs hhn was forgiving you for being so mean in the summer.

Anonymous said...

Said 'friend of mine' was responsible for the recasting, hhn.( She's met Styx and Mrs Styx and just kind of went with the theme.) Apart from Mme B's role, that is.
( Have you really become so sensitive? )

Anonymous said...

Me: Mickey Rourke (sadly, the bloated, post-boxing career version. In fact, the one in "Sin City")

Mrs Styx: Felicity Kendall (but with a MUCH bigger nose!)

HHN: Blimey, where to start? George C Scott (in "The Hustler"). Michael Madsen (in anything, but particularly "Reservoir Dogs" and "Kill Bill"). Spookiest of all, though, is Danny Aiello in a film called "2 Days in the Valley". I woke up to see this on telly the other night and was really freaked out. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to Sky+ it. You will be amazed.

Mrs HHN: Casey Rogers, as Farley Granger's wife in "Strangers on a Train". Here's a link: www.cinemorgue.com/kaseyrogers.jpg

Waunch: Jack Black

BAD: Jeremy Clarkson

Blokewho: Stephen Merchant

Blokewho's "friend": Lesley Waters (from "Ready Steady Cook")


If I know any of the others, apart from Rem, who has me stumped (or should that be "stimped" - ho ho), let me have their real names via email.

Anonymous said...

I have a link: www.metroactive.com/.../2days-valley-9639.jpg


"Mrs HHN serving HHN his dinner"

Anonymous said...

Last link doesn't work.

This should:

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/09.26.96/2days-valley-9639.html

hhn said...

Yep, that is pretty terrifying. Except for about half of one of his eyes, that is me in the link photo. I even have that shirt.

Anonymous said...

what about:

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/01.04.01/traffic-0101.html