Feb 22, 2007

Half Wolf Dream Weaver

I don't have a vast amount to report since yesterday. (Other than that commenter asking if I was gay because I have supper with women. My how we howled with laughter about that one here at hhn HQ' Keep 'em coming NOT.) And a dream I had last night that I was on a David Bowie appreciation course, and the course leader - who was that woman who ran the real wine course mrs hhn and I went on at the end of the summer - tried to eject me from the class because I said Young Americans was his best album.

My father never ever knew anyone in his dreams. Every night he would dream about strangers. I don't know what that says/said about him, other than the fact that it must have been lonely out there sometimes, constantly trying to work out who everybody was.

My mother had a recurring dream about having to do exams that she was not prepared for. For a while after she died, I had a recurring dream about having to save her from animals - snakes mostly - on a Safari. It was a really terrifying dream, but we always got out of there unhurt.

Strangely - and selfishly - I don't really have much of a take on what mrs hhn dreams about. She told me the other night she had one about me leaving her, and then coming back and wanting to be forgiven. Like a lot of people - including me - mrs hhn has the capacity to think that what she dreams about could or might or did happen, so I was in trouble for a day after that dream. Which I thought was harsh, although she gets a cold shoulder from me for a while when I dream that she has run off with Basil Brush or something. I sleep talk too. mrs hhn is still a bit freaked about me saying "Do you have any sweets Mum?" to her in the middle of the night a few nights ago.

I dream a lot about animals, and wanting to talk to them or save them or be them. I once had a dream that my three sisters wanted to drop the last surviving polar bear off the Great Wall Of China, and I had to convince them it was a bad idea. I still haven't worked out what that one was about. Something to do with responsibility I guess. Being half wolf, I am actually usually quite good at interpreting dreams if you have any that have been bothering you.

I can astral plane too. Styx and I often have races: him underwater, me hovering above ground. blokewho acts as the timekeeper and referee when there is a photo finish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Styx loves to hate David Bowie so it's a good idea to remind him occasionally that after I dragged him to see Dame Dave on the Serious Moonlight tour ( '82 ) he declared that the performance of Young Americans was the best thing he had ever - ever - seen live. "Ain't there one damn song..." Sing it Styx!

Anonymous said...

Entertaining as that story is, Blokewho, it's worth pointing out that the Serious Moonlight tour was 25 years ago, and Styx was only seven years old. Of course he's going to enjoy a pantomime...

Anonymous said...

So you're trying to tell me that Styx is 32 years old, anon? I think you'll find everything makes sense if you add another ten years...