Jan 17, 2007

Tender Rumps

Went out for supper with mrs hhn last night. We are trying to cut back on going out, but there is only so much of home made 500 calorie meals a man (and woman) can take. So we trooped off to a local restaurant and chomped on bread and chips and a bottle of wine as an official break from the January diet. There was an impossibly posh old bloke eating at a table near us. He had this booming, deep voice, and kept on saying things like "This really is the tenderest rump I've eaten in years". mrs hhn and I were really childish and couldn't stop giggling. I guess if you haven't been out for a while, the outside world gets funnier, well easier to laugh at anyway.

Speaking of the outside world, I have a full summit meeting about that website I have been working on next week. We need to work out how we get more traffic and make kerzillions out of advertising on the site etc. Looking forward to it actually. It's been a long - and sometimes deeply frustrating - haul for me on the technical side of the site. I prefer the talking to people about it. The site's been up for a month or so now. I'm kinda tempted to tell you what it is, but I think maybe I should differentiate between my random world aka househusbandnot and the real world aka this new website. And the website project involves other people and other people's time and money, which I don't want to compromise by association to hhn and my singular hhn opinions. Once we've made lots of money out of the site, I'll tell you more about it. Until then, I think I should protect it's anonymity from you guys - who I see as friends rather than businessy type associates. Incidentally, I notice we've had 3,000 visits to hhn as of yesterday. Thanks for your business/support/loyalty/clickings.

Thought I saw my mate Chaz this morning. He's the one who moved to Nairobi last Saturday. Strange what the mind does when you are missing people. I had an email from his wife last night saying there were baboons singing in their office garden on her first day at work.

Feeling a bit serious here at hhn HQ today. To make up for it, here's a link to a good article about weird animals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is this animal scaling a penis? you should eb ashamed - more broccoli please

Anonymous said...

Is there ever a morning when you wake up and think Hey Today I Won't Send Another Broccoli Gag To This Bloke's Site?
I go with hhn's wife and her thoughts on you trying to kill her husband's site with your gags.
You are like the Chinese water torture. Cease or change.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Anonymous said...

ok, will cease, adieu