Jan 25, 2007

Ranty Midgets

My you guys have been having fun on the comments section of hhn. (I actually misread some of the comments - particularly by someone pretending to be me - and was all set to send out a diatribe about people being rude about mrs hhn. But she assures me it is all harmless...not that I'm sensitive about my blog or anything.

Anyway, mrs hhn went out for a drink with an old boyfriend last night. And he ended up staying the night back here because the place he was supposed to be staying fell through. I've never met any of mrs hhn's old boyfriends. This one was a complete surprise. He was tiny (the can of beer we gave him looked like a bucket in his hand), and also quite drunk. So I shouldn't be too mean, but he was really really...well odd, spending quite a lot of time telling me that he knew when he got his wife pregnant. ("You do it more violently. You can just tell." Okey dokey.) And the rest of the time saying people who design Playstation and Xbox games should be recognised as the artists that they are. Apparently he used to smoke a lot of weed. I think some of the flashbacks may have been coming at him last night.

I don't know if the pregnancy thing was for my benefit. I didn't really know what to say. And then he made some comment about me being big, so I just thought fuck you midget boy. I'm off to bed. Strange how men interact, huh? (And, before you ask, no I wasn't jealous or anything like that. Just a little bemused by this ranty midget on my sofa telling me about him having sex with his wife. Actually, thinking about it, I may have dreamed the whole event. Maybe it was just me and mrs hhn here last night.)

In other news, am busy trying to learn a whole new piece of software for the website I am working on. My mentor and guide on this project has re-designed the site, and it looks *&^&ing ace - really cool and modern and Web 2.0ish. I love it. Which is a good incentive to try and not fuck it up with the new software.

In other other news, er...I don't have any today. Happy Burns Night. Mchhn x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having been away, may I comment here on Monday's excellent blog? I may? .... good.

Your story of dressing up as Idi Amin (incidentally, I'd pay serious money for any photos of a blacked-up, kilt-wearing(?), pre-pubecsent hhn!) reminded me that I once represented Amin in a balloon debate at school.

My arguments were seriously weak (something about the fact that Amin could still change for the better, I believe) but still good enough to survive the first round, when Hitler was dumped from said deflating balloon (the cheeky sod said "he'd" killed waaaaay more than "I" had). However, I was next out. I can't remember who finished second, but Dracula was the runaway winner on account (pun intended) off his alleged "charm".

At the time, my best friend was a Ugandan, whose dad was something to do with coffee exporting. This friend had not been to Uganda for many years, arriving fresh from New York, a big fan of the Jackson 5 and Stevie Wonder, and full of cool stories of his having witnessed street robberies in Manhattan and of meeting Mohammed Ali.

Once in a while, though, this friend would go throuh quiet patches and, eventually, I learned from him that these were when his father had to return to Uganda for audiences with Amin. "You don't understand just how evil he is", he told me.

I think I understand now, but I look forward to seeing "The Last King of Scotland"
nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Regarding hnn's turn as Amin, the first thought that crossed my mind was: Dear Christ! Surely the poor little bugger wasn't blacked-up. A toe-curling image, indeed.

Incidentally, I was unaware that Styx had onced represented Amin in a school debate. Was this before or after he - Styx, I mean, not Amin - was arrested for threatening to bomb a branch of Woolworths in a certain provincial shithole?

Anonymous said...

I sympathize with Mrs hhn, because I can confess that as Madam Broccoli I too once went out with a midget - ok, so it was a petit pois (boom, boom, howls of laughter can be inserted anywhere - careful, boom, boom)

Anonymous said...

Would mrs hhn like to go for a drink sometime?