Jan 12, 2007

Empty Horses


So, sorted the meal for tonight. We are having fish pie and toffee pudding....hold on......wait up. If someone was coming to househusbandnot for the first time today, they might think it was one of those blogs that passes on recipes and has pictures of children in sunglasses on it. If you are new to hhn, please be assured that we are not THAT sort of blog, and if you want pictures of cats in bridal wear or photos of my Easter holidays you are going to have to look elsewhere. Here, we deal in...well other things.

Actually, I have pretty much *&^% all to say today. (Another no no sentence in a blog, I know.) I'm a bit out of practice after the Xmas break. Although the *&^% all reference does remind me of a story about Errol Flynn and David Niven absolutely wetting themselves at the Czech (I think) director of The Charge Of The Light Brigade's terrible English. He was always shouting director-like directions on the film set in really bad English like "Bring on the empty horses". He got so fed up with them laughing at him that he turned on them and said: "You think I know *&^% nothing. But I tell you I *&^% fuck all".

Right. Off to see my mate Lord Steed to see if I can convince him I can help his publishing company to sell a few more books this year.

Incidentally, we have almost reached 3,000 visits to hhn. Not sure what that means in any shape or form, but thought I would mention it just in case anyone out there is looking for a new idea for a Hollywood movie or something...

Have a good weekend hhn x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charge of the Lightweight Brigade, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I am not that impressed with the blog this week. Been thinking about other things, although I liked Shark Boy - but you do have to see him to believe how amazingly bad he is at swimming.
Will try harder next week.

Anonymous said...

the 07 vintage is a slow opener

Anonymous said...

I thought the fact that hhn bleeped out the wrong word in the 'fuck all' gag was pretty funny.
And Sharkboy was a good piece aswell. So hold your tongues a while, anonymice. And, hhn? Do stop cringeing.

Anonymous said...

I thought the fact that hhn bleeped out the wrong word in the 'fuck all' gag was pretty funny.
And Sharkboy was a good piece aswell. So hold your tongues a while, anonymice. And, hhn? Do stop cringeing.