Oct 18, 2006

Pencils

"Yes, those people [life coaches] say things like 'This is what I like to call a pencil', holding a pencil, or 'When would now be a good time to do that?'." This from my friend I have mentioned before., the one who expresses outraged surprise at anything I do.

Actually, I got into a bit of trouble with mrs househusbandnot for the blog yesterday, because apparently it was a bit negative, and I should be being more positive - yes that would be the same mrs househusbandnot who says "give it good energy, love the aerial and it will love you househusnandnot" when I am kicking the tv aerial around the room trying to get a decent reception for X Factor.

mrs househusnandnot also shared my yesterday thoughts on life coaching with a couple of coaches, who - in coachtastic style - said they liked it and said that I should say more about what I think. What does it take to get these guys to be nasty? ( Me: "Your mother sucks *&^%s in hell." Coach: "Well let's talk about that, because you know in many ways she does." Me: "I've burned your holiday house down." Coach: "Serendipity. I've been meaning to declutter my life". Me: "Give me your fuckin' pencil coach freak". Coach: "Here have two. No take this pen. My grandmother gave it to me, but I want it to be yours now." )

Which makes me the devil in the piece I guess, with my urban anger and fear and hooded watchfullness hindering my (eventual?) passage into coach-led peace of mind and warm conviction and open-armed celebration of life and all it spews...sorry...sends my way. But I am sounding a whole lot more angry and ranty than I really feel. In another age I guess they would have been burned at the stake (Coach: "Here. I have matches".) but I guess coaches are just doing their thing, and responding to people's needs. It's not like you can be forced to have coaching if you don't want it. (mrs househusbandnot note to self: "Hmmm. My plan is working".) And, as they say, there is only evey a market for what people want to buy. (You Tube founders: "Yeah, right dude".)

As a sign off today, another friend was in touch about the whole izgoy concept I was talking about where people have jobs they are not qualified for. He reminded me about a time when I was working as head of communications for a women's rights organisation and failed to turn up for a date with a woman I was kind of dating. She sent me a a note which read: 'For someone who works in communications for women, you really don't communicate and you really don't understand women either.' Adding insult to..well insult, the note was written in pencil. I did not deserve ink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Google ad at the top of your life coach rant? 'Become a life coach and mentor'. PS Where can I buy the Egg book. I know someone who needs it TODAY.