Aug 3, 2006

Another List And A Dollar

So househusbandnot has been going for around a month now, so thought I would take stock and see what it/we/I have achieved so far:

1) It has pissed off my 'feminist' sorry feminist friend. Which I wasn't trying to do. I tend to live or die by my sexism, rather than try and hide it behind my blog like Alistair Campbell. Blogfession, hmmm.
2) It has made me read a lot of other people's blogs. Not a particularly edifying experience, but I am sure the feeling is mutual.
3) It has made me realise (duh) quite how self-validating blogging is.
4) While it hasn't got me out of the house, it has got me thinking every morning. (Note to self: Read No 4 again, every morning, forever.)
5) It has made me learn html, something I guess I should have done a while back, but you know the deal. ("Oh, what should I do this afternoon? Learn html or read popbitch?")
6) It has made me realise how often I use the phrase "really really".
7)It has got me back in touch with blokeihaventseenforages.
8)It has earned me exactly one US dollar from advertising. (That's a really really low return on the time I spend on househusbandnot, but what the hell.)
9)The film rights have not - as yet - been scooped up by that ginger bloke from Happy Days who is bald now.
10)And is has solicited comment from a few freaks out there/here.

Speaking of freaks, someone was in touch about my anti-Edinburgh Festival stance. Well I happened to see some photos of this year's Festival on a BBC site this morning. Some of the captions to these photos, most of which featured someone playing a trombone, read as follows:

"Australian-based musical troupe Mikelangelo [sic] and the Black Sea Gentlemen bring their trademark brand of "gypsy cabaret" to the festival"

"Using gibberish language and a capella song, Norway's Jo Stromgren Kompani takes an unusual look at three nuns living in a remote Alpine valley"

and

"The Scottish Dance Theatre use Shakespeare's sonnets and the music of Tom Waits as its inspiration"

There is occasional truth in this self-validating exercise. I think I will give it another month, not least of all so I can keep being entertained by the spellcheck on blogger.com which just suggested "Bolshevik's" instead of "blogfession". Maybe I'm onto something here.

No comments: