Feb 8, 2008

Emailing Food

I had a dream last night that one of my sisters was a big old famous chef and she needed to email the smell of some of her dishes around the place. This got me thinking when I woke up - and if you are wondering about why I had the dream in the first place, being a dream interpreter par excellence, I can tell you: it is because mrs househusbandnot has started using my Xmas gift of a laminator to laminate menus, and this translated in dreamstate into how to move menus, and therefore food, around the place easily - about emailing food.

I ran this concept of emailing food by mrs hhn as she was getting ready for work. Her assessment? "You are insane."

But IF you could email food, it would:

  • Make getting a takeaway a whole lot more interesting, although it would put all those sweet pizza delivery guys out of business.
  • Eradicate world hunger, assuming the UN or whoever could get it together to email the food to the right food to the right people at the right time. (Having worked for a UN agency, I find this unlikely. They would probably send pork chops to Isreal, shepherds pie to Mogadishu, bubble gum to the Ivory Coast, and fish fingers to Paris - and then try and blame it on a lack of resouces.)
  • Create a whole new market for new products, like slinky flat fridges for keeping your emailed food in, and new spam filters (boom boom)*, and pop up plates and bowls, and cool wireless systems that sent the email straight to your microwave etc.
  • Generally fuck with people's perceptions of how and why and where and when we eat.
  • And give Google and Yahoo and Microsoft a whole new agenda to try and carve up amongst each other.

And if you could email food, you could probably email other stuff like drinks and drugs and swimming goggles (oh the hell of getting to the pool without your goggles) and dogs and people. I'll just keep dreaming...

* While looking for a photo for today's post, I came across this site http://www.spam.com/ And You think my idea about emailing food is a waste of time?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you bought your wife a laminator for Xmas - cheapskate!

hhn said...

I swear you sent that comment before I had even posted today's blog. Are yu hiding in our loft and watching what I am doing or something?

Anonymous said...

yes

Anonymous said...

What a horrifying thought.
Why is Mrs hhn laminating menus? Have you opened a restaurant? Can I book a table?

Anonymous said...

what's this I spy, another laminator in the loft. Mr hhn, are you giving them out to all your lady friends now?