Jul 9, 2007

Hedgehogs And Tshirts

Thanks for your various comments re hedgehogs and hhn tshirts. Who's the prick in the tshirt? Boom boom. (Madame B, who is the person who could do these tshirts for me/us? Pray tell. I'm thinking manga with hhn in Japanese. [Am quite into Madame B at the moment btw because her prediction about my mint being stringy was 100% accurate, as I just discovered urban warrior-like standing on my balcony munching my mint straight from the pot.])

Elsewhere in England, managed to avoid the Tour De France in Kent yesterday despite being v close - approx 1,000 metres - to it. Instead, slumped on a sofa at my sister's farm and read The Sunday Telegraph and HedgeGrowers Weekly and watched Wimbledon while others were trudging across fields for four seconds of bike-related spectatoring. (Actually, I was stuck trying to sort out my sister's and her daughter's itunes for most of the morning, requiring some serious rnr post lunch.)

What else? Had long - well quite brief as far as I am concerned because she was wrong - debate with mrs househusbandnot the other night about whether or not Al Green was just a one song pony. Have been considering buying bikes so that mrs hhn and I can do a bike thang at weekends. (Health And Safety Executive that she is, mrs hhn is demanding that we wear helmets if we get bikes, which to me rather defeats the whole point of wind in hair freedom jag that cycling can provide in this stuffy windless city. If you see large potato with helmet crammed on equally potato-like head sweating his way across London on bike, you will have successfully done an hhn spot. Prize is hhn tshirt - subject to availability and usual rules and regulations requiring you to promise to read hhn for rest of your life.)


Speaking of Sunday newspapers, is it just me*or have they all become uniformly crap? I read four, no five, Sunday newspapers cover to cover and supplement through supplement yesterday, and I feel actually less informed than I did before I read them. I now know the name of the next best British hope in Formula One, and that's it. Oh, and where to buy wellington boots and what Bob Geldof's kid made of Glastonbury, and the fact that the new Smashing Pumpkins album is not as good as Siamese Dreams, and how much The Spice Girls are getting paid and hate each other, and how much a sea kayak costs, and the fact that Tony Blair got stressed out when he was Prime Minister, and that if I burn tyres in my sitting room I am probably not going to get an invite round to Al Gore's ranch, and the fact that governments remain corrupt and dull and dirty and in power, and that I should be wearing yellow this season...I knew all this already...

...one thing I didn't know until last week was that hedgehogs can climb trees. I can feel a tshirt coming on.


*Copyright The Daily Mail

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

do we all see the same ads on hhn? My hhn page has an ad for "Beat Anorexia T-Shirts!" Fat people of the world unite?

That google algortithm!

Anonymous said...

My ad is for 'Hedgehog safaris'!!! hhn, you gotta sign up and be our roving reporter.

AL green, according to wikipedia, had 14 smash hits so there.

As for who could do the T-shirts, obviously that geezer who intruded the other day - has he been heard of since - it was spam wasn't it?

Wearing a helmet is always wise hhn. Mrs hhn is cleverer than you so do as she says, there's a dear.

My only problem with Sunday newspapers is that they have no cocks in them.

Anonymous said...

Hedgehogs cannot climb trees. Check this site out: http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/myths.shtml
Honestly, hhn, you're proving to be absolutely rubbish at hedgehogs. We know you've never seen one, but you shouldn't compound this lack of knowledge with reams of spurious facts. Do you just make them up?

Anonymous said...

Are you insulting my hhn. How dare you. If he says hedgehogs can climb trees then I am sure they can .... even if they need a little help and a ladder

Anonymous said...

I'm not insulting him, as such, just pointing out that he appears to know less about hedgehogs than anybody else on earth. There's no shame in that. No, honestly....

hhn said...

Not knowing about something has never really been an issue that has stopped me talking about something people.

Anonymous said...

actually, you are right anon. I'm not even sure what he's talking about now

Anonymous said...

hhn, do you really need to tell us 'you feel a T-shirt coming on'

I put me knickers on everyday yet don't tell everyone about it. Likewise, I stick me boots on too. But do I say anything .... oh no, no siree. Stick to the hedghogs please.