May 10, 2007

Orfing Around

Back from a great week or so in sunny Greece, where the men look weary from their only international role models being George Michael and Demis Roussos, and where the women appear to have discovered wonder bras.

You will be gutted to hear that mrs househusbandnot took the camera to work with her this morning, so I am unable - in true blogger tradition - to share our holiday snaps with you today. But took a few choice snaps which will make their way onto hhn in the coming days.

After long languid days of sitting on sun decks being served frosty diet cokes and beers ("Mythos: The Hellenic Lager Beer") by attentive young Polish waiters, I waited around until around 11 this morning, and realised that no-one was going to come and serve me breakfast, and - with a further thud back into the real world - that our boiler was broken. So am sitting staring at large piles of unwashed holiday clothes and building up to going out and facing London again.

Actually, I am starting a three day a week contract next week, so need to go and buy some real (rather than comedy/couch potato) clothes. For the last four months I have been pretty much living in jeans and white or black tshirts, but have been told at this new place that jeans are out, and that dress code is smart/casual (which excludes pretty much all of my current wardrobe). mrs hhn has threatened to take me clothes shopping this weekend, but I feel a week and a half of having to sit next to me on a sun lounger with me wittering on about:
  • dolphins
  • capers
  • an hhn A -Z lists of what you want in a good hotel [to follow some time soon btw]
  • how much the bloke who reads the news on Greek TV looked like Lloyd Cole
  • my feet
  • whether or not the guitarist in Mansun really was in love with the lead singer
  • missing my ipod (which I didn't take on holiday with me for some dumb ass reason)
  • how unfair it is that I am not allowed to use made up words in Scrabble (I squandered an early 6 to 1 lead in the hhn/mrs hhn best of 20 holiday Scrabble tournament, which mrs hhn eventually won 11 to 8)
  • how much I hate European chill out music, which was on offer on MP3 players on the sun deck
  • that time at university that Bad turned his car into a tent
  • why it was unfair that we could not call mrs hhn's mum to check if mrs hhn's Scrabble word of 'orf' was real or not (mrs hhn's mum has a fish pond with - allegedly - a Golden Orf in it)
  • that couple over there
  • how funny it was that I had spent all of yesterday morning in character as John Malkovich
  • what to have for breakfast tomorrow five minutes after finishing breakfast
  • gayers
  • mountain flowers
  • this really funny photo I just took
  • pools I have loved around the world
  • people I have magnanimously decided to forgive for some wrong doing to me in recent years
  • olives versus peanuts
  • the hhn theme park
  • life coaching
  • my blogs

and

  • the fact that I was getting sunburned

was quite enough a test for any good woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I be the first to say:

ευπρόσδεκτος κατοικία !

Anonymous said...

Welcome back hhn; glad you had a good time. Can I be the first to say: Nob από το styx εσείς απάτη. And it's Golden Orfe, by the way.