Apr 17, 2007

Search Me

Thanks for your various thoughts on my dream yesterday, and yes - being half Apache as discussed some time ago - I had already translated it as your bog standard anxiety dream, even if it did involve David Cameron - or maybe because it involved David Cameron. (I am just putting David Cameron in here as often as possible because I got a lot of visits when I mentioned David Cameron on my post yesterday. You know, the one that mentioned David Cameron a few times.)

Actually, speaking of visits and key words and searches etc., I am having great difficulty understanding a big edit we are needing to do on that real website I work on. I have been merrily putting up articles onto the site every day, but my keywording - I am told by my web expert friend - is a little nuts. As a result, we are not being picked up by search engines as much as we should be - which in turn would...well you know the deal.

My web expert friend has been trying to explain that I need to be find phrases or words that (normal?) people are searching for. This is fine, and logical etc. But the trouble is, as I engage in this process - or analysis - I get into a real spin about who those 'normal' people are, and where they live, and what is going on in their heads as they tap in searches. How do normal people in Chicago or Utah or Denver or Dorset look for things on the web? If they are say looking to respray their car, do they type in 'car respray' or 'Car Respray' or 'Car Respray?' or car respray?' or 'respray my car' or 'respray a car' or 'my car needs repsraying' or 'can you respray my car' or 'Can U respray a car?' or...well you can tell I am thinking about it too much, and worrying about details rather than looking for generalised language and phrases. I'm hoping this will all be sorted out when I meet up with the web expert later this week, when what goes on in my head will be replaced with what needs to be going on in my head to engage in this process.

In other news, I sent off my second real blog yesterday - the one I am being paid for by a US-based website. I'm not telling you what it is, in case Madame B goes there and uses profanities in the discussion area. It is also quite a serious site, and I don't imagine that there is much of a cross over audience with you househusbandnot regulars, unless you guys are bored of honey badgers and really want to hear what I think about health education in the UK.

In other other news, mrs househusbandnot and I are back off to visit my godson's school tomorrow evening, representing his parents who are based in Nairobi now. It is an open evening to discuss how my godson and others are getting on. They sent us through his report to look at before we go and grill his teachers about why he is not this and could be trying harder at that etc. But it looks, from the report, that he is doing just fine. But will report back on how it goes, the 'it' being me trying to get away with being a grown up rather than my godson's academic progress.

Incidentally, if you have come here looking to get your car resprayed in Utah, I'm thinking it would be a month to learn how to respray cars, and at least another six months to relocate from London and set up shop in your area, so if you are looking for a rush job I may not be your man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Thanks for your various thoughts...' ! One from anon and 2 from Mme B.

Anyway, what would any of you choose to spray David Cameron's car with? That's David Cameron, leader of the Tory party; David Cameron of Notting Hill. With what would you - variously - like to spray his car with? David Cameron's car, that is. The David Cameron who's married to Mrs Cameron, I mean. Yes, that David Cameron; old Etonian David Cameron; Opposition leader David Cameron. What would you recommend spraying his car with? Oh, and David? David Cameron? What would you like us to spray your car with? Sir?

Anonymous said...

Surely, it is what we should spray Mr David Cameron, yes Mr David Cameron's bicycle with! His staff car which follows him should surely be painted orange

Anonymous said...

I hope no one is taking my name in vain here. Because I'm a serious chap, y'know, with a serious agenda, and not a pointless Tory drone.

Anonymous said...

I had rather hoped that no one would comment using David Cam... sorry DAVID CAMERON's name - so obvious. But then again...perhaps... is that really you Dave? I mean, 'Sir'. Listen, old love, I only live a couple of miles from you, I've got plenty of time on my hands what with being unemployable and all that so how about we get together and... Hang on a sec, I almost forgot: you're a bumfaced twat.* Still, I'm sure we could, y'know, compromise and come up with something - anything, really - just so long as we can assure ourselves of careers and respect from brown-nosing arse-wits without a principle to their sorry names. What do you reckon? Sir?


*I'm 42. Using terms such as 'bumfaced twat' isn't very dignified is it?