Dec 10, 2006

Symmetry And Snakes

Got an anonymous comment concerning Friday's A-Z of blogs list: "I'm truly mystified as what the point of that list is, apart from making me to lose the will to live. I was hoping for some thoughts on Jackass II."


The 'point' of the list - as is the point of any househusbandnot post - is to try and make mrs househusbandnot and Eel Man and his wife laugh. No more, and no less. Although the anonymous commentator obviously got the less not finding it funny. (Actually, I know who it was, and suggest he gets the pole out of his ass because I know he will have found the symmetry of the A-Z listing pleasing and some of the blog names amusing.)

Speaking of symmetry, I am this morning right back to where we started in June or July with househusbandnot, and waiting around for workmen again, which is fundamentally the very dullest of dull ways of spending time. They are already half an hour late, and I need to be back out at Oxshott for another session with that web expert as soon as possible this morning. I guess the difference between June and now is that I will not be hanging around the flat while the workmen do their stuff. But it all seems a little too familiar, sitting here waiting, and waiting and...waiting some more.

Oh well, at least we will never have to hear Ben from X Factor ever again, unless we inadvertently find ourselves at a Joe Cocker tribute evening.

Incidentally, Jackass II was excellent, although not as shocking as the first one. I guess we are used to it all now, although there were some pretty serious snake pranks this time around. I'd recommend it for a little pre-Xmas fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pole up my ass, eh? You seem a little touchy at my suggestion that Friday's list of 'dogs, togs and yogs' was less than vintage HHN. But I apologise: I hadn't realised that the only function of HHN was to make three specific people laugh. I was under the impression that it also involved self-validation, the democratisation of communication in this brave new digital age and giving shelf space to broccoli-obsessed nutjobs. Now that I've been ticked off, I shall, of course, keep my thoughts to myself.

Anonymous said...

.... er, ... and of course, broccoli