Nov 22, 2006

(Yesterday)

I'm technically writing this last night because I have to be at a meeting pretty early this (Thursday) morning. I'm having a coaching/orientation session with that (real) expert on websites I mentioned the other day, rather than the (virtual) one I was talking about yesterday (well technically this morning). And then I need to get back for the (virtual) launch of a new website (which technically has already been launched a few weeks ago), and then back here for some (real) shut eye, and up again to write tomorrow's (well the day after tomorrow's) blog before the weekend (this weekend that is).

Just to continue the mixed up theme:

1) Here's to Broccoli Man who turned out to be a woman.
2) Here's to my Suffolk-based buddy Bad who called me the other day and said "Hey, I'm just down the (London) road from you, and I don't have time to come and see you."
3) Here's to Styx who frequently fucks with my mind about which decade we (men) should be living in.
4) Here's to blokeihaventseeninages who I now talk to on the email more than most people I see loads, although I still haven't (physically) seen him for ages, but did get to check out what he looks like (nowadays) on the back cover of a (recent) Rough Trade compilation.
5) Here's to a very good friend of mine who is being forced to apply for her own job.
6) Here's to my mate Bid, who I've been thinking about a lot lately, but not bothered to tell him, and I know he doesn't read househusbandnot - so further great male to male communication there by me (a man) using a means of communication I know he (another man) doesn't use to reach out to him.
7) Here's to mrs househusbandnot for not minding that I wake her up in the middle of the night because I can't sleep.
8) Here's to my friend Y.O.U. who has been solicitously calling me to suggest that she and Mc Y.O.U. aka her son aka The Elver come over for a coffee for the last few Wednesdays (today or tomorrow depending on whether or not you still give a fuck about the me writing this yesterday thing), and I've been busy or thinking I was busy the last few times she called, but magnanimously I decided she should come over today (yesterday), but didn't really bother telling her, and waited around for her and didn't bother calling to say I was waiting around for her, and...[sigh] Got any Smiths man?
9) Here's to the randomness of itunes that just pulled up Brighton Rock by Queen when I was writing this.
10) And here's SO DEEPLY NOT to Heather Mills and her I'd Rather Lose A Limb stuff in the news today (yesterday). For fuck's sake woman. Get some dignity.

No comments: