Nov 6, 2006

Positively Addicted

Having only briefly read The Sunday Telegraph this weekend, I have very few thoughts on current affairs, so if you are looking for hot news debate I suggest you go elsewhere this morning. I was pretty surprised that Ashley got voted off X Factor. And pleased that the yak that Prince Charles was given on his Asian tour is going to be saved from being barbecued. On the honey badger versus penguins debate that is dividing househusbandnot readers across the land, I'd go with honey badgers on the finding honey, being mean, gnawing through ropes duties, and the penguins on the standing very still in the cold, looking like a bloke in tails, and speed typing sort of jobs. In a straight fist/fin fight, I'd have to go with the badgers. If there were weapons being used, I'd back the penguins. Don't ask me why. I just think honey badgers would go blasting away the minute they got their paws on any sort of weapon, while penguins would be more patient and thrifty with their ammo stores. Oh, and I had fun at my friend The Waunch's various 40th birthday parties over the weekend. But that is as topical as we are going here today.

After the various bolloxing ons I engaged in with househusbandnot last week, I was amused to see that the google ads at the top of the blog this morning were on a guide to 'Saving Your Relationship: 10 Secrets To Get A Man Positively Addicted To You For Life'. I don't really know how they assess the suitability of these ads, but I am guessing that they were just worried about mrs househusbandnot this morning, and wanted to extend a getaway plan for her before I disappear completely into my fictitious blog world.

Actually, I almost forgot to write househusbandnot this morning. I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but I was quite surprised it didn't eve occur to me until a few minutes ago that I a) had a blog b) needed to write it c) would have to think of something to say about something this morning. I am kind of engaged with this work I am doing on a new website, so am going to get on with that this week - in between urgent further comments on yaks, badgers, penguins, and anything else that catches my attention in the coming few days.

So no news is good news, because I want to get on with the website now. Will be around this week though, if slightly less engaged in househusbandnot than usual. Am planning a special 100th edition of househusbandnot in a week or so too. SO stick around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do you read the telegraph, and why am i eating brocolli

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't matter if the penguin had a stash of rocket propelled grenades, the honey badger still has its de-testicling skills to fall back on. No contest.

hhn said...

I was reading The Sunday Telegraph because I was in Kent on Sunday morning, and that is all you can buy there apart from Fences Weekly and Which Tank. (Drop the broccoli thing dude. It's not funny.)

Anonymous said...

Could Waunch's 40ths have anything to do with forgetting you had a blog? My 43rd yesterday..... no, I can't remember what I was going to say.